Monday, November 24, 2008

Rosenthal

So I'm going to make this post a quickie.

This weekend was nice, I went to bed at like 10:30 on Friday and then my Big, my roommate and I went to the mall on Saturday. Saturday we got a big ole group of people together for a pretty kick ass game of Apples to Apples in our room. There was probably 10ish people in the room and it wasn't cramped at all, because I live in the Rosenthal Apartments.

The Rosenthal Apartments are really dorms, they're a big room that you share with another person but you also have your own bathroom and a little kitchenette with a sink, cabinets, and a FULL SIZED Fridge. It's amazing. We have our sleeping area in the room and our living area in the back with a pull out couch for visitors and plenty of room for our desks and drawers and everything. But my favorite part of my room is my bed. This summer I decided I wanted a personalized dorm bed and with the help from my dad we made a canopy that sits on my bed like a top bunk would. I added curtains and voila my own little get-a-way, it's pretty wonderful. It's nice for naps because all you have to do is to draw the curtains and you cave a warm, dark little resting area, this feature also doubles for blocking out those pesky morning rays when you want to sleep in a little bit. :)

The Living Area:












The Kitchenette:












My Bed:












Anyway, on Saturday we had a real big two turkey Thanksgiving meal with a bunch of my friends, it was pretty delicous and really fun to make our own big meal for the first time.

I've got to run, as the semester winds down the professors wind up and make sure we don't get bored before finals. :)

No comments: