Saturday, January 17, 2009

Backstreet's Back Alright!

Hello Blogging World! Long time no see!

I know that I didn't give you all a wrap up of last semester, but everything ended up pretty well; we'll just say, no C's for me! Break was nice but it's hard to be far away from all of my friends here. I spent the first week at home by myself most days because my sisters were still at school and my parents were working. The second week was the week of Christmas so I got to spend more time with my sisters at least, my parents still had to work a lot of the week. Christmas itself was nice and relaxing, it's always nice to see people open the gifts you got them, there wasn't anything big for any of us but we all got Guitar Hero World Tour to share, but being together as a family is always the best part. The next week my boyfriend, Townsend, came up to Indianapolis to spend New Years with me; it was nice to have a little bit of Transy in Indy with me.


My Family on Christmas Eve

Over break, my parents and I decided that I would leave the car I was using, a Volkswagen Beetle, at home so my mom could use it to drive to and from work because it's a lot more fuel efficient than her mini-van. I figured that I didn't really need a car when all of my friends, and boyfriend, have them so I don't idly drive around wasting gas and I usually have a ride everywhere I need to go.

But we're back now, and we've been back for two weeks so it's been enough time for me to get back into the swing of classes. I'm really enjoying most of my classes, even Psychology which I'm taking for a GE credit, and my Education class which is an interesting insight into the whole education process. Spanish conversation is easy but a really good review of vocabulary and so forth and Computer Organization is different from any of the other CS classes I've taken so far.

Then on Wednesday I decided to audition for the Theatre Guild's student directed production of "Kimberly Akimbo" and I somehow landed the title role of Kimberly, a 16 year-old girl from a dysfunctional family who ages 4.5 faster than the normal person. So I'm really a 60 year old 16 year old. Kind of weird, and really scary to think about but exciting at the same time.

So, this semester is thumbs up so far, except the past few days its been FREEZING! Absolutely freezing cold, we checked the temperature Thursday morning and it was at ZERO! Thankfully campus is small enough that even the farthest classes really aren't too far and we don't have to spend 20 mins walking around outside trying to get to a class.

That's all I have for now, but I'll talk to you all later. <3

No comments: