Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It's a beautiful day!

Yes indeed, it almost looks like spring is actually here folks! Put away the parka and the ear muffs and you should probably pull out the rain boots, but not today. Today is BEAUTIFUL!

Last week was Spring Break, I, unfortunately, didn't go anywhere exciting but home. Indianapolis was pretty gloomy the whole week but a couple of days were decently warm and I stayed busy helping my dad out at his office and helping my high school with their musical. I was much more interested in helping my high school because they're doing the same musical I did my sophomore year, Cinderella! I was a step-sister and my older sister was Cinderella, it was a great time.
That's me in the middle, Calliope

Anyway, we're all back on campus now trying to get out minds back into the swing of things, I'm sure you know exactly how that feels, and we're all enjoying this beautiful weather. I know I mentioned earlier some of my favorite nice weather hang out in Back Circle, but I thought I might give you all some more of my favorites around campus because:

  1. The steps of MFA (Mitchell Fine Arts Building)
    This is the perfect late afternoon study spot the steps are shaded by the best trees but if you venture out into the sun the stone steps provide a perfect amount of coolness on a warm afternoon.

  2. Haupt Plaza
    Right in the middle of the academic side of campus, Haupt Plaza is equipped with benches and the view of everyone walking to class. It's perfect for people watching or a long lunch with something greasy from the Raf (The Rafskeller) or sitting after class with a group of friends.

  3. The Lawn outside of BSC (Brown Science Center) and Hazelrigg
    This is my favorite spot for classes outside, probably because my Calculus I and II professor, Dr. Stufflebeam, treated us to class here a few times complete with white board and everything needed for a good lecture, well maybe the attention wasn't quite all there. :)
Now, all I really want to do is go lay out in the sun, but alas I'm at work for another hour. I have rehearsal for "Kimberly Akimbo" tonight; we only have six more rehersals before opening night! If any of you live in Lexington and want to come see a Transy Theatre Production, our performances are next Thursday, Friday, and Saturday March 26-28 at 7 pm in Little Theater.

Until next time!

No comments: