Thursday, March 19, 2009

Respect my Authority!

Ok, here is is folks, the Friday before Spring Break I found out that I got a position on the RA staff! I even know where I'll be! Next year I will be the RA for the Front Hall on Fourth Floor of Forrer Residence Hall. Guess what? That's a first-year hall, so if any of you lady readers decide that Transy is the place for you, there's a possibilty of me being your RA! Cool, right? I'm not sure if I've talked about the set up in Forrer before but I'll give it a go.

Areal Photo Courtesy of Google Maps, Enhanced by Yours Truly.

Forrer isn't really a stand alone building, it's connected to the Campus Center and the Cafeteria. In the picture above: Forrer is the area outlined in red, the Caf is outlined in Green, the Campus Center is in Orange. Our pool is inside of the campus center and that's outlined in blue. But we're talking about Forrer. Forrer is four (4) stories of residential housing + a floor with a reception desk, mailboxes, our campus DPS (Department of Public Saftey) office, all of the Sorority Chapter Rooms, and a computer lab.

Each residential floor is separated into 3 different "halls" -Front (Purple), Back (Blue), and Side (Yellow). The first and second floor house all of the sororities, two on the first floor: Side and Back (there is no First-Front because of the front lobby) and two on the second floor: front and back; the third hall (side) is an "unaffiliated" or Indy (Independent). The Third and Fourth floors are reserved for First-Year girls. Third back is also used for upperclassmen overflow, there's a funny story about room selection last year and me getting the crappiest number to sign up for a room and almost having to live up there, ok so it's not that funny...

So I hope that's not too confusing, but if it is, feel free to send me and email or post a comment.

Boys- Your housing is much more simple, all Clay Hall is First years, except for the fourth floor where some Indy upperclassmen men live. Davis Hall houses all four Fraternities and some Indy upperclassmen as well.

That's all I have for you right now, but check back later!

No comments: