Wednesday, February 4, 2009

'Tis the season of applications!

Yes dear readers, it's true all the applications for campus positions are out and about, and I'm all over it. From Campus Center Manager to RA (Resident Adviser) to AA (Admissions Assistant) to SOL (Student Orientation Leader) to all of the scholarship applications it seems I spend more time writing about myself then writing for my classes. Let me stop and say, I love Transy, and I'm always looking for ways to try and give back a little to the community, so I've gotten applications for RA, AA, and SOL and I would be thrilled to be able to do any of them. So far, the only one that's been turned in is my RA application and last night was the "RA Carousel" which is kind of like a big group interview. When we got there we were assigned a group, so like a carousel, we went around with the group to six different rooms and did different activities, like draw characteristics for the perfect RA or talk about our views on different campus policies or build an RA team from a list of applicants. It was actually pretty fun but it ran long and I was late to practice for Kimberly Akimbo.

Speaking of that, we started blocking this week and it feels good to be back on stage. I did so much theater in high school that it was kind of weird not to be on stage, or acting, and I was afraid that when I got to college I wouldn't be able to do any at all since I wasn't going to be a Drama major, but thankfully there's folks of all sorts in all of the drama and musical groups on campus regardless of my unrelated major. And if I would have followed through I could have done swimming as well. (I'm only reminded of this because I'm writing at work in the Campus Center and the swim coach just walked by.) That was def something I was impressed with when I visited Transy, was that people could be involved in so much. I know athletes that are in as many theater productions as possible and AA's that are also active in Greek Life or Student government.

The moral of today's story? Transy rocks (as usual) but also the people that go to here rock out all over campus while keeping their grades up and their heads on straight. :)

I'll catch you cats on the flip-side. Later.

PS. My picture was taken the other morning for "looking really cold" it got onto the Herald Leader Website at least.

No comments: