Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Let it Snow!

The weather outside is frightful but my dorm room is so delightful, and since there's to class to go to, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

That's right kids, yesterday was the 3rd time in history classes at Transy had ever been canceled and today was the fourth! Being from "the north" (according to my friends at lunch today since Indy's north of the Mason-Dixon Line) I'm not to terrible impressed with the snow, but the ice is crazy! The trees in the Rosenthal Complex are so heavy with snow that the pathway is blocked and most of the highest branches are touching the ground. Serveral of the big trees around campus have lost big limbs and last night it seemed the whole of the Transylvania Campus had been turned into a ice-rink, that is with the excpetion of Fourth St. which becomes a river with any kind of precipitation. It's very pretty to look at but I don't envy the members of the physical plant trying to keep campus running. The electricty's out in the boys' dorms - Clay and Davis, and the new fancy Thompson Hall and from what I hear there's a large crowd gathering in Forrer's Back Lobby on their laptops staying warm in the heat.

Also, I've started my work study working the William T. Young Campus Center it's nothing too exciting but it's a job and it pays and I need the money for my trip in May so, work I shall. This week is also "Cabaret" a review show the Choir puts on and I've started rehearsal for Kimberly Akimbo. Since the campus has been shut down today and yesterday it's not quite as crazy busy as I was fearing it may, but Monday night was. I had rehearsal for Cabaret from 7-9, auditions for "School House Rock Live" from 8-10, Kimberly Akimbo rehearsal from 8:30-10 and a campus center scheduling meeting from 9-9:30. Yeah, I didn't get to stay at anything for as much time as I was supposed to but, sometimes that's how I gotta roll. C'est le vie. :)

Until next time!

No comments: