Friday, October 24, 2008

Money is Kinda Lame Sauce

As we all know the economy’s been pretty lame and that’s been affecting several major industries, including the housing industry. Well, as I’ve shared before, my dad is a Real Estate Agent, and that means over the time I’ve been at Transy his income has greatly decreased. In the last month the company he was working, where he was also the Manager of the office, closed and he was out of a job. And as we all know, that sucks, a lot. So, my family decided that we had to make an appeal to the finical aid office to see if there was any more money available for me and I set off to get a job.

I applied and interviewed at a couple different places and ended up working at The Gap. Now, don’t get me wrong, but retail is so very wrong for me. The monotony of folding the same sweater 8 times within a half an hour is enough to drive me completely up the wall, so I continued my job search. The next interview I got was at a Tennis Center, where, Carlos, a friend of mine works. As soon as I had snagged an interview, I called and quit my job at the Gap, just in time to receive my first and last pay check. Well I interviewed at the Tennis Center and was basically hired on the spot. Now, I’ve only worked twice and it’s pretty boring, BUT I can do my homework while I work which is always a bonus.

Anyway, while all my job hunting was going on my dad was busy communicating with Dave Cecil, the Director of the Finical Aid Department, and they worked some stuff out. I went to meet with Dave Wednesday to sign the agreement for my revised finical plan and found out that I was now eligible for work study. Which is great, but it also meant that I wouldn’t be able to work weekdays at the Tennis Center, so Thursday I had to go in (to my first real day of work) and tell my Manager that my availability had been cut in half, thankfully, he was very understanding about the whole situation and even let me know that if I was too overwhelmed with working at both places that we would understand if I needed to quit there, but I hope I don’t have to because I’m trying to get as much moneys as I can getst to go on the Choir Tour in May Term (To ITALY!) and to study abroad… at a date to be decided at a later time.

But anyway, I have a conference with our pledge director for the sororiety and I got a package at the back desk! (It’s always exciting to get mail and the bigger, the better)

Hasta luego!

No comments: