Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year, New Outlook?

Happy 2010 everyone! The beginning of a new year is always an exciting time because you suddenly recognize this whole new chunk of space of your calendar that you get to recognize and start planning for. Some of you are going to graduate from high school and start college this year, some of us will continue our college careers, some will graduate from college and start a new chapter, and others will continue in their current paths.

As always, my mom asked about our New Years Resolutions today at lunch- my dad had a list that included drinking more water and being happier everyday, my little sister opted for graduating from high school and toning her stomach (she keeps trying to get me to go to the YMCA with her to exercise, that's not really my things though,) my mom didn't really have any and I didn't have any when she asked but I figure it might be a good idea to come up with some.
  1. Update my blog more - I know as lame as it sounds, I have a link to this here blog on my facebook profile in attempt to remind myself to update it as much as I'm on facebook but if that were true I'd have about a billion blogs opposed to the handful you've been given. I see this blog as a tremendous opportunity to reach out to those of you prospective students who can't get to campus to learn about the everyday life of a "typical" Transy student and I'd like to do more.
  2. Eat better and less - You know the deal, same old, same old.
  3. Exercise some - Like I said, this isn't really my thing; I've got bad knees that bother me when I do too much, but I'm going to try to start swimming some laps and maybe try to make it to yoga classes.
  4. Start dating - Well... my boyfriend and I broke up during finals weeks and I haven't been single since Freshman year so I'd like to go out with some different guys and enjoy being single some... we'll see. :)

I spend the last week visiting relatives outside of Wichita, Kansas and spent my New Year's Eve there with my mom, grandmother, aunts, and assorted other relatives which was a different and enjoyable way to ring in the New Year.

One of my aunts is an artist, and I stole this photo of a wind-farm near their house.

Enough about me, I hope that you all have set up some good goals for your New Year and I wish you the best of luck in all of your endeavors in the coming year.

No comments: