Thursday, January 21, 2010

The hills are alive with the Sound of Music!

Dear, dear readers. I do hope that you've had an enjoyable start to your new year, my own has been fairly eventful.

Let's see, during the last week of break the Transylvania Choir, of which I am a member of, had a "Continental Tour" aka we all piled on a charter bus and roamed about Kentucky and Indiana. Because the tour is conveniently situated in the middle of winter, our stop in Bloomington, IL was canceled due to snow and we skipped it after our show in Ashland, KY and we took a night off in Lexington and then the next day we got to travel to my hometown of Indianapolis.

We got there in the afternoon and had the opportunity, well I made the opportunity, for us to stop off at my high school, Arsenal Technical HS, and we got to share some of our music with them, they shared some with us and we sang a little together. That night we performed at my home church, Downey Avenue Christian Church, and the choir stayed with host families from my congregation, I got to stay at home and pick up some of the things I forgot. It was pretty amazing to be able to fill the sanctuary I grew up in with music from the place where I'm continuing my "growing up" process.

The next day we drove back to Covington, KY after lunch in Bloomington, IN and that night we had a mixer with some alumn's and a prospective student, I had lots of fun talking to the strangers because I'm wierd like that, but at the end we got to share a few of our songs. The next morning we participated in a worship service in Covington and then came back to Transy. I was quite a journey but fun was had by all.

Some of my choir friends and I at the mixer in Covington, KY

Since then classes have started and that's all a completely different story I'll update you all on at a later time, but for now have fun and stay dry!

No comments: