Tuesday, April 28, 2009

For the longest time...

Hey dear readers! Sorry it's been so long but with finals and May term break, I got off schedule in the blog writing department.

My grades for winter term ended up alright. I was kind of afraid of my Computer Organization class because I had missed a week when I was sick at the beginning of the semester and had gotten a behind, but I pulled out a solid C in that one, this was only the second C I've ever been happy to get, the other being in Chem I, that class was def not for me. I did well in all of my other classes, A, A-, B+ so I was pretty happy with that. My finals week seemed to drag on forever since I only had one each day, but it finally ended and I got to go home for May term break to celebrate my Dad's 50th birthday. My mom threw a "surprise party" that wasn't much of a surprise because you can't really get our house ready without someone knowing, but there were aspects that he didn't know so I suppose it was a surprise-ish party.

My Dad's Birthday Cake (I decorated it!)

So we're all back at Transy and enjoying May Term. Since I'm going on the choir tour, we have rehearsal from 9-12 every day (M-F) until we leave, which is a week from today!!!! We're singing several songs from throughout the year and we also have 5 or 6 new songs that we are learning, one is in Slovenian and one is in Hebrew, so we're working hard to get down the pronunciation on those two. Friday we are giving a concert (at 7:30, Old Morison Chapel if you're interested :D) of all of the same things that we will be singing on the tour.

I'm getting really, really excited about the trip. I looked up the hotels we're going to be staying in and I've started on my packing list and I'm just ready to get on a plane and be there. :)


Our First Hotel, Park Hotel Villa Marcello Guistinian, outside of Venice

That's all I have for now, but expect to hear from me again soon. Arrivederci!

No comments: