Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Finals! AH!

It is once again that dreaded time of the term, yes dear boys and girls, it's finals time. This is our last week of classes and then next week we have finals. I think Transy has a pretty good deal with their finals, we have nothing to do on Monday, it's called Reading Day, and then we start our finals on Tuesday. All of my finals worked out that I have one final every day from Tuesday to Friday. The way it works is that every Monday, Wednesday, Friday (MWF) or Tuesday-Thursday (TTh) class at each time slot get's a certain time and day during finals week. Like all MWF classes that regularly meet at 9:30 have their finals on Thursday from 12-2 and all TTh classes that meet at 11 have their final from 8-10 on Tuesday. Sometimes this scheldule works out great, but then some (rare) occasions you get 3 of your 4 finals on one day, in that case professors will let you rescheldule your exams for another day, it's really not too bad.

These last two weeks of the term are always the craziest because professors want to make sure they cover everything and you have to turn in final papers before the term is over or do final projects, like I have in my Computer Organization class. There are a lot of people spending a lot of time at the UK library (which we have full access to and a shuttle that takes Transy students there) so they can spend all night studying to get ready for their last tests or getting a head start of studying for finals. Personally, I think a good night's sleep helps me be able to get all of my stuff done during reasonable hours, so I go to bed pretty early for a college student, around 12:30 pretty much every night. It works really well for me, but I know some people just can't devote that much time to sleep every night.

Still on my plate for this week (meaning it's due on Friday) I have a breadboard and a program to finish for Computer Organization. I already had a paper that was due for my education class yesterday and one for Psychology today. I also had a group project in Spanish that we presented today in class (got a 49/50!) So needless to say, I'm very ready for this term to be over and for our little May term break, it couldn't come soon enough!

I should get to work! Go out and have some fun for me!

No comments: