Saturday, February 13, 2010

So much music...

I hope this finds you well as deadlines start to approach for scholarships, applications, and that all mighty day May 1st looms in the air.

My class schedule this semester is a unique one, but one that you are more likely to find as you get into upper level courses. I am in two Spanish course, Spanish Civilizations and Golden Age Spanish Literature - they complement each other well because we get the history of the time period in Spain and then we get to read some of the literature from the period. The literature is a little bit harder to understand than the history, it's kind of like reading Shakespeare but in a Spanish. The interesting thing about these two courses is that they are both taught by the same professor, Dr. Orlins. Then I'm also in two computer science courses, Computational Theory and Netcentric Computing, that are quite different fields in computer science but once again they are with they same professor, Dr. England. So I only have two professors this semester.

Also, today I'm helping out with the musical scholarship auditions for incoming majors and minors. It's been fun to listen to all the music and it's really exciting to think about all of the possible new musicians that could be here next semester.

Just hanging out waiting to sign some people in

I hope you all are staying warm!

No comments: